About The Recipe
In Thai we call this dish Khao Pad. Khao means rice, and Pad means to fry. Rice is the main export product of Thailand, and has a history of cultivation going back thousands of years. The word for meal in Thai is Gin Khao which literally means eat rice.
Fried Rice is very easy and fast to make, this dish is considered fast food in Thailand and is always an option when you want to make something quick, easy and good.
Everyone makes fried rice a bit differently, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients that you have in your fridge. This recipe uses chicken, but you can substitute pork, shrimp, or tofu. You can also add vegetables such as carrots and broccoli. Experiment with what you like. There’s even a variety in Thailand called American Fried Rice that's make with ketchup!
- For: 1-2
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 small chicken breast
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of black soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 green onions
Purchase Asian Ingredients for this Recipe Online Here.
- Cook rice
- Chop garlic
- Chop green onion
- Slice chicken into 1 inch pieces
- Beat egg
- Turn the stove to medium heat
- Add oil into the wok
- When the oil is hot add the garlic
- Add chicken
- When chicken cooked add rice, and stir about 1 minute
- Add soy sauce and black soy sauce, stir to mix the rice and sauce together about 1 minute
- Add egg and stir until egg is cooked
- Add green onion and stir
- Garnish with cucumber and lime.